The Scoping Report for the Development Consent Order being pursued by RiverOak has been published on the National Infrastructure Planning site.
Quoting from the report, written by Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure UK Limited:
Purpose of this report
This report has been produced for the purpose of obtaining a Scoping Opinion from the Planning Inspectorate on behalf of the Secretary of State in relation to the Environmental Impact Assessment being undertaken as part of the application for Development Consent under the Planning Act 2008 (‘the 2008 Act’) to authorise the redevelopment of Manston Airport principally as a freight airport.
This project will be a Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project under the terms of the 2008 Act and will provide much needed additional air freight capacity to the UK and also serve to relieve pressure from the other, already heavily congested London and South East airports.
In producing this scoping report consideration has been given to the requirements of The Infrastructure Planning (Environmental Impact Assessment) Regulations 2009, and relevant Planning Inspectorate Advice Notes.
Structure of the scoping report
The report is structured as follows:
- Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the proposed development including an overview of the current UK national airport infrastructure and of the need for an Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Chapter 2 outlines information on the proposed development including its need and the alternatives considered as well as a more detailed description of the proposals.
- Chapter 3 outlines the planning policies that have informed the scope of the assessment and other authorisations that may be required for the Project.
- Chapter 4 summarises the approach to identifying the scope of the assessment.
- Chapters 5 to 13 outline the scope of the assessment for each of the topics considered in the assessment.
- Chapter 14 summarises those effects that, on the basis of the information in Chapters 5-13, are scoped out of the EIA.
- Chapter 15 sets out the proposed contents for the ES.